At Lee Custom Homes II, Inc., we consider building a home a very serious and personal process. In order to assure your happiness, the material that is put into your home is as important as the workmanship. We feel confident that we provide the most consistent quality workmanship available in the North Country. Our experienced team takes pride in constructing your home and it shows!
The following is a list of specifications: ( To download the list of specifications in a PDF Format, Click here. ) or in a DOC Format, Click here. )
1. Footers: Poured concrete, 10" thick and 16" wide with 2 rows of #4 rebar continuously, vertical dowels are placed every 4' on center.
2. Basement Walls: 8" thick poured concrete by 7'10" high with 6 rows of #4 rebar horizontally and vertically every 2'.
3. Drainage Tile: Drain tile is very important. We use 4" perforated pipe around the outside of the footers and covered with sand. We cover the crushed stone with felt paper, and then back fill with sand.
4. Waterproofing: Foundation coating on the outside of wall below grade.
5. Basement Windows: Double pane with screens. Slider style on pressure treated sills. (4) 16" x 32"
6. Basement Floor: 4" concrete slab over tamped sand. (If there is any trace of dampness we then install #2 crushed stone instead of sand.)
7. Sills: All sills are pressure treated, 2" x 6".
8. Sill Seal: Dow fiberglass between pressure treated sill and concrete. This eliminates any passage of air that could come between the sill and the concrete.
9. Beam(s): Some blueprints call for steel I-beams and others call for 2" x 10"'s tripled. At Lee Custom Homes II Inc., if we do not use steel I-beams we use (4) 2" x 10"s for all beams. We place our jack posts every 8 feet, directly under the joints of the beams. (4) 2 x 12's are used for homes with 2 x 12 floor joists.
10. Floor Joists: 2" x 10"s, 16" on center, double nailed, with metal bridging in between joists to prevent twisting when they dry. We also use metal joist supports against beam. Cross bridging is carefully placed between each floor joist. (If span is more than 15' we use 2 X 12 floor joists)
11. Sub-flooring: 3/4" tongue and groove OSB that is glued and nailed, and 1/4" plywood (finished on one side) under all vinyl.
12. Exterior Walls: 2" x 6" precut studs, 16" on center.
13. Exterior Sheeting: 7/16" OSB with house wrap between OSB and siding.
14. Rafters: Some plans call for rafters, each home varies in size. Normally 2 x 10 rafters are used 16" on center with a 2 x 10 ridge beam. Some home plans call for 2 x 12 rafters depending on the pitch and span.
15. Roofing Material: 5/8" OSB; 30# felt paper between OSB and shingles, 30 yr. Architectural style. Asphalt based shingles, white drip edge, and ice & water shield on edges of all roofs.
16. Venting: Ridge style venting.
17. Soffit and fascia: 1"x6" white aluminum fascia and 12" overhang with perforated white vinyl soffit.
18. Stairs: Stairs are something people use many times a day; therefore they should be built to last. We use (3) 2" x 12" stringers with full 2" x 12" treads and solid 2" x 8" risers, which are glued and nailed. This will eliminate the possibility of any squeaks.
19. Windows: White, vinyl, double hung, double pane, tilt-in windows with screens and grills between window panes. Also equipped with child safety locks.
20. Sliding Glass Door: Thermatru Brand 6' vinyl, double pane.
21. Exterior Doors: 1. Thermatru Brand
22. Insulation: We take the proper precautions in insulating our homes to ensure heating efficiency. We install a single layer of (R-38) 12" insulation in the attic and (R-21) 6" in exterior walls. The basement box sill is also insulated. 4 mil. plastic vapor barrier is installed between sheetrock and insulation on all exterior walls. Proper vent is installed in all rafter bays for proper ventilation.
23. Overhead Door: Garaga brand 24 gauge R-12, insulated steel overhead white garage door.
24. Siding: KayCan brand, Timberlake style double 4" lap siding in all colors available in Timberlake line.
25. Interior Doors: 6-panel, pre-painted white, Masonite doors. Stained Masonite and solid Pine doors are available at an additional charge.
26. Interior Trim: 2 1/4" stained Colonial trim is standard. Other styles are available and can be priced upon request. 3_" stained colonial base trim along all floors.
27. Interior Walls: 1/2" sheetrock is used in any area where moisture is a potential problem. For example we use waterproof sheetrock in bathrooms. All of our sheetrock is screwed with 1 _" hi-thread sheetrock screws.
28. Taping: Taping is something that you look at every day and another important aspect of a quality home. We apply three coats of joint compound and sand after the 3rd coat.
29. Priming: We spray all walls and ceilings with Sherwin-Williams Primer. We roll a second coat of paint on ceiling using Master Hyde flat white ceiling paint.
30. Paint: We roll a second coat of Sherwin-Williams Master Hide flat paint (Dover White) on all walls. One color- throughout house is included in the price.
31. Stain: Minwax Brand, one color, one coat is standard.
32. Allowances: All Lee Custom Homes II future home owners are provided with an amount from your contract price to purchase the following items. Kitchen cabinets, kitchen countertops, bathroom cabinets, lighting fixtures, appliances, front door and flooring.
33. Plumbing:Supply lines are 1/2" Aquapex; drain lines are PVC with 3" vents as needed.
34. Bathroom Sinks and Commodes: Oasis sinks tops & American Standard commodes per selection at Hulbert Brothers (on display at Hulbert Brothers showroom).
35. Faucets: American Standard (Reliant Plus & Colony) per selection from Hulbert Brothers (also on display at Hulbert Brothers showroom).
36. Tubs/showers: Lasco fiberglass one-piece, 60" tub/showers and 48" shower units are included as per contract.
37. Kitchen Sink: Elkay 18-gauge stainless steel double bowl sink; 8" deep.
38. Exterior Water Faucets: Two frost-free style faucets are included, one on the front and one on the rear of the house.
39. Sump Pumps and Pits: One sump pump and pit is included in contract.
40. Washer/Dryer Hookups: Washing machine supply lines and drain line is included in contract. Dryer vents are installed in all of our homes.
41. Heating: Contract includes a two-zone system: Weil McLain gold series hot water boiler with internal coil, powered by fuel oil. Heat Pex will be used as supply lines. The storage tank for the fuel is a 275-gallon steel tank, which is placed in the basement.
42. Electrical Service: Along with a 200-amp service, we use a 40 circuit breaker panel. Therefore, if you ever add a utility shed or finish your basement, there would be no need to change the panel box. We also include (4) cable tv jacks and (4) telephone jacks. House is wired per code and lighting installations as per Home Building Planner are included in contract. Lee Custom Homes II provides bathroom fan-lights and smoke detectors as per code.
43. Exterior Electrical Outlets: Two ground fault protected (shockproof) receptacles are included, one on the front and one on the rear of the house.
45. Handrails: All interior handrails will be Hemlock unless otherwise specified.
46. Doorknobs: Exterior: Schlage Plymouth 505 series in polished brass.
47. Doorknobs: Interior: EZ Set polished brass Model # CS101T and CS102T.
48. Door Bells: : Two doorbells are included, one on front of house and one on the garage service door.
49. Closets - Shelving: All of our closet shelving is made with 1"x12" Pine for shelving and 1" black iron rod for hanging clothes. The following is our standard shelf pattern. Walk-in closets include: one wall (2) 1" hanging rods, one at 40" off floor, one at 80" off floor. On the other wall (1) 1" rod with 1"x12" shelf over it at 64" off floor. On the back wall, (4) shelves made with 1"x12" Pine, the first shelf 24" off floor, second shelf 40" off floor, third shelf 56" off floor and fourth shelf 72" off floor. Bedroom closets (that are not walk-ins) and coat closets get one shelf 64" off floor and 1" black iron rod. Pantries and Linen Closets: (4) shelves made with 1"x12" Pine, first shelf 24" off floor, second shelf 40" off floor, third shelf 56" off floor and fourth shelf 72" off floor. Closets: (4) shelves made with 1" x 12" Pine, first shelf 24" off floor, second shelf 40" off floor, third shelf 56" off floor and fourth shelf 72" off floor. Custom closets are available and will be priced upon selection and detail of each closet.
49. Door Stops: Door stops are installed on all necessary doors.
50. Mirrors: Polished edged mirrors are installed over the top of all vanities.
51. Cleaning: We do a thorough job by cleaning all of the bathroom and kitchen fixtures. We clean the inside of windows, and vacuum all trim and cabinets. We also sweep out the basement, clean up outside, and leave a smooth finish grade on the site.
52. Shutters: Louvered style shutters are included on front of house.
Lee Custom Homes II, Inc offers a highly experienced, very talented team. We can customize your plans and specs as well as offer our own plans. We have a Design Staff available.
PUT OUR EXPERIENCE TO WORK FOR YOU!!!